elmex® SENSITIVE PROFESSIONAL Toothpaste
elmex® SENSITIVE PROFESSIONAL Toothpaste provides instant* and long lasting relief from the pain of sensitive teeth.
elmex® SENSITIVE PROFESSIONAL toothpaste is clinically proven to work in just seconds3 building a layer that prevents pain from coming back. The formula instantly* relieves dentine hypersensitivity when applied to an affected tooth for one minute1. It locks in calcium and phosphate, occluding exposed dentine tubules and preventing external stimuli from reaching dentin tubule fluid and causing pain4.
- Instantly* relieves dentine hypersensitivity1
- Significant relief from dentine hypersensitivity after 8 weeks’ twice daily use compared with regular fluoride toothpaste2
- Superior dentine tubule occlusion# 4, 5
- Acid resistant layer3
- Recommended fluoride level for caries protection (1450ppm)
* For instant relief apply to the sensitive tooth with a figure tip and gently massage for one minute.
#Vs novamin/sodium fluoride technology and stannous fluoride/sodium fluoride technology (p<0.05)
For instant relief, apply directly to each sensitive tooth surface and massage for one minute, up to twice a day. For children 6-12 years of age, once a week or less frequently.
For lasting relief, apply twice daily using a sensitive toothbrush, making sure to brush all surfaces of teeth including sensitive areas. Children 6 years and younger: use a pea-sized amount for supervised tooth brushing to minimise swallowing.
For best performance, keep cap closed when not in use.
Pro-Argin Technology with arginine and an insoluble calcium compound with 1450ppm fluoride.
Arginine, Calcium Carbonate, Sorbitol, Aqua, Bicarbonate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Monofluorophosphate, Aroma, Sodium Silicate, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Bicarbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Potassium Acesulfame, Xanthan Gum, Sucralose.
Size: 75 ml
1. Nathoo S, Delgado E, Zhang YP, DeVizio W, Cummins D, Mateo LR: Comparing the efficacy in providing instant relief of dentin hypersensitivity of a new toothpaste containing 8.0% arginine, calcium carbonate, and 1450 ppm fluoride to a benchmark desensitizing toothpaste containing 2% potassium ion and 1450 ppm fluoride and to a control toothpaste with 1450 ppm fluoride: A three-day clinical study in New Jersey, USA. J Clin Dent 20 (2009), special issue 123-130
2. Docimo R, Montesani L, Maturo P, Costacurta M, Bartolino M, DeVizio W, Zhang YP, Cummins D, Dibart S, Mateo LR: Comparing the Efficacy in Reducing Dentin Hypersensitivity of a New Toothpaste Containing 8.0% Arginine, Calcium Carbonate, and 1450 ppm Fluoride to a Commercial Sensitive Toothpaste Containing 2% Potassium Ion: An Eight-Week Clinical Study in Rome, Italy. J Clin Dent 20 (2009), special issue 17-22
3. Hines D: Poster #0742 March 2018 AADR. Colgate-Palmolive Company 2018
4. Hines D, et al. Poster #3406, July 2018 IADR. Colgate-Palmolive Company 2018
5. Report Deon Hines - 0003, 2016
WHAT IS elmex® SENSITIVE PROFESSIONAL TOOTHPASTE?
elmex® SENSITIVE PROFESSIONAL toothpaste with Pro-Argin Technology provides clinically proven instant* and lasting sensitivity pain relief1-2
HOW DOES COLGATE elmex® SENSITIVE PROFESSIONAL TOOTHPASTE WORK?
elmex® SENSITIVE PROFESSIONAL toothpaste is clinically proven to work in just seconds4
Locks in calcium and phosphate occluding exposed dentine tubules and preventing external stimuli from reaching dentine tubule fluid and causing pain4,5
Forms a calcium-rich layer on the tooth and in the dentine tubules, which is resistant to acids found in common food and drink
WHAT IS THE FLUORIDE CONTENT OF elmex® SENSITIVE PROFESSIONAL TOOTHPASTE?
elmex® SENSITIVE PROFESSIONAL Toothpaste contains Sodium Fluoride (1450ppmF) the recommended fluoride level for effective caries prevention.3
SHOULD A PATIENT CONTINUE USING elmex® SENSITIVE PROFESSIONAL TOOTHPASTE ONCE THE DENTINE SENSITIVITY HAS GONE?
Yes, elmex® SENSITIVE PROFESSIONAL Toothpaste should be used for twice daily toothbrushing to provide ongoing relief from the pain of sensitive teeth.
HOW LONG CAN A PATIENT USE elmex® SENSITIVE PROFESSIONAL TOOTHPASTE?
elmex® SENSITIVE PROFESSIONAL Toothpaste is an everyday toothpaste. There is no problem with every day and prolonged use.
1. Nathoo S et al. J Clin Dent 2009; 20 (Spec Iss): 123-130.
2. Docimo R et al. J Clin Dent 2009; 20 (Spec Iss): 17-22.
3. Delivering better oral health - An Evidence-based toolkit for prevention. 3rd edition, Public Health England 2014.
4. Petrou I et al. J Clin Dent 2009; 20(1): 23-31.
5. Cummins D. J Clin Dent 2009; 20(1): 1-9.