Biofilms are complex, structured communities of bacteria that live througout the whole mouth. Left uncontrolled, biofilms can produce negative effects on all mouth surfaces
Colgate TotalⓇ with Dual Zinc + Arginine Technology: penetrates and disrupts the biofilm1,2,*,^
- Protects the whole mouth from biofilm damage6-8,*,^
- Fights bacteria in the whole mouth for 12 hours (teeth, tongue, cheeks and gums)7,##
- Delivers comprehensive clinical outcomes for whole mouth health1-3
- Colgate Total® Advanced designed for an enhanced brushing experience for patients who need an effective and gentle clean
## Statistically significant reduction vs non-antibacterial fluoride toothpaste.
*Colgate Total® provides superior in vitro delivery, penetration, and retention of Zinc through Arginine technology for biomass reductions vs Zinc control toothpaste. ^With 2x daily brushing and 4 weeks
1. Delgado E, et al. J ClinDent 2018;29(Spec lss A)A33-40..
2. Seriwatanachai & Mateo, September 2016, internal report..
3. Hu D, et al. J Clin Dent. 2018;29(Spec lss A)A41-45.
4. Garcia-Godoy & Mateo, February 2017, data on file.
5. Wong et al J Dent Res 90 (5): 573-579, 2011.
6. Makwana E, et al. J Dent Res. 2019,98(Spec Iss A):3202.
7. Prasad K, et al. J Clin Dent. 2018;29(Spec lss A):A25-32.
8. Ben Lagha A, et al. J Oral Microbiol 2020, 12:1.
Everyone can benefit from superior biofilm control
Dentists reported that they would recommend a toothpaste containing an alternative foaming agent to their patients with additional oral health needs# including
Recurrent aphthous ulcers
*Cocamidopropyl betaine is a mixture of organic compounds derived from coconut oil and dimethylaminopropylamine. ^With 2x daily brushing and 4 weeks continued use.
#Data on file. Dental Advisory Network Insights 2020.
1.Yang, July 2021, Data on File.
2. Seriwatanachai & Mateo, September 2021, Data on File.
The evolving understanding of mouth biology, modern patient demands and advances in oral care technology drive the need to consider ‘the next generation of prevention’ to achieve and maintain oral health. Colgate® believes this need is best met by a Whole Mouth Health approach that elevates the importance of oral prevention and of achieving better oral health outcomes for all patients.
Read the White Paper on Whole Mouth Health - The Next Generation of every day prevention in Oral Health.
The 'Perio & Caries’ Project of EFP (The European Federation of Periodontology) builds on the outcomes of the expert workshop devoted to “The boundaries between dental caries and periodontal disease”, jointly organised by the EFP with ORCA (European Organisation for Caries Research).
The consensus reports supported by robust systematic reviews provide a comprehensive scientific framework for how to understand and approach the simultaneous management of caries and periodontal diseases, including specific recommendations for every day prevention.