Colgate® Total® Toothpaste
The technology of Colgate Total® with Dual Zinc + Arginine provides superior biofilm control $1,2 on teeth, tongue, cheeks and gums for Whole Mouth Health*3-11
Colgate Total® delivers superior biofilm control $1,2 on all mouth surfaces and comprehensive benefits for the whole mouth* 2-10
- Reduction of bacteria on tongue, teeth, cheeks and gums for 12 hours*3
- Plaque reduction and control4
- Gum problems reduction4
- Helps protect against cavities and helps repair weakened enamel5
- Calculus reduction6
- Whitens by reducing surface stains**7
- Reduction of sensitive teeth to cold, heat, acids, sweets8
- Helps protect against erosive damage& 9
- Helps eliminate bad breath10
- Delivers long-lasting freshness10
- With flavours that people love11
- Supported by over 20 clinical studies
$ vs. regular non-antibacterial fluoride toothpaste
*Statistically significant greater reduction of cultivable bacteria on tongue, teeth, cheeks and gums with Colgate Total vs. a non-antibacterial fluoride toothpaste at 4 weeks 12 hours after brushing
**Colgate Total® Whitening 1450ppm fluoride toothpaste
& in vitro data
Brush thoroughly at least twice a day or as directed by a dental professional. Not for use of children under 7 years old.
Glycerin, Aqua, Hydrated Silica, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Arginine, Aroma, Cellulose Gum, Zinc Oxide, Poloxamer 407, Zinc Citrate, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Fluoride, Sodium Saccharin, Phosphoric Acid, Sucralose, CI 77891
1. Manus L et al: Enhanced In Vitro Zinc Bioavailability Through Rational Design of a Dual-Zinc plus Arginine Dentifrice. J Clin Dent (2018), 29 (Spec Iss A):A10-19.
2. Daep C: Data on File, Colgate-Palmolive Technology Center (2019)
3. Prasad K et al: The effects of two new Dual Zinc plus Arginine dentifrices in reducing oral bacteria in multiple locations in the mouth: 12-hour whole mouth antibacterial protection for whole mouth health. J Clin Dent (2018), 29 (Spec Iss A):A 25-32.
4. Delgado E et al: A clinical investigation of a Dual Zinc plus Arginine dentifrice in reducing established dental plaque and gingivitis over a 6-month period of product use, J Clin Dent (2018), 29 (Spec Iss A): A33-40.
5. Wong MCM et al: Cochrane reviews on the benefits/risks of fluoride toothpastes. J Dent Res (2011), 90 (5): 573-579.
6. Seriwatanachai D, Mateo L: Data on File Colgate-Palmolive Technology Center (2016)
7. Delgado E, Mateo L: Data on File Colgate-Palmolive Technology Center (2017)
8. Seriwatanachai D, Mateo L: Data on File, Colgate-Palmolive Technology Center (2016)
9. Manus L: Data on File, Colgate-Palmolive Technology Center (2016)
10. Hu et al: A clinical investigation of the efficacy of a Dual Zinc plus Arginine dentifrice for controlling oral malodor. J Clin Dent (2018), 29 (Spec Iss A):A41-45
10. Bankova M et al: The Science of Developing Appealing Flavors to Drive Compliance. J Clin Dent (2018), 29 (Spec Iss A):A20-24